Today was just another day in the NICU. I went to bed last night a lot easier realizing everything will be okay or they will call me. However I told the nurse to call me when he was hungry so they put me on a schedual of 12,3,6,9 for feedings. When they did this I was like, okay that is every three hours. What I didn't realize or think about was that it take at least a half hour to feed, and then in the NICU you take the babies temperature every feeding and you change their diaper. So some feedings I would only get maybe an hour in between each feeding, and since my room was not on the same floor as the NICU it took awhile to get back to bed. Needless to say I was TIRED!
Here is Max 2 days old.

Daddy and Max. The thing around Dean's neck is a blue tag parents get, to see their babies in the NICU. You have to had to have one of us with Max at all time unless the person had a visitors pass.
He loves to hold his Binki in his mouth. So Cute!
Love him! Just a little tired!
Sleepy little one!
Today was pretty good! I was discharged but I was trying to get a room to stay in the NICU with Max so I didn't have to go home without him at night. They wouldn't know till later in the day if I got the room or not because there were 30+ babies in the NICU so they have take each situation into consideration but since I was breastfeeding I was a high priority :-) So the Mom/Baby unit told me I can have my room until 11:59 pm if I needed.
Luckily they were able to find me a room. It was a NICU room with 2 twin cots in it and a sink. I was so grateful just to be closer to Max. They apologized that I didn't get a room with a shower but they hoped to get me one with one with in the next few days.
Later in the Day as I packed up my stuff up from the Mom/Baby unit and made sure all my paper work was complete. It was Dean's first day back at work and it got kind of hard for me. I broke down and cried, (I think it had something to do with the fact that I had only slept 8 hours in the last 96 or so). Dean was going to go home for the night to get some good sleep but after me breaking down I asked if he would stay and of course he said yes. I also got a blessing from him to help calm me down. I didn't want to be there ANYMORE!!! After the blessing and Dean saying that he would stay and the support of my mom and loving family. I gathered myself up again and regained my composure.
While Dean was as work that day I had a lactation consult, and I had various nurses and case workers come and talk to me about the situation I was in and that the NICU is not an easy place to be. It felt good to know I really had a great support team, one at the hospital and one outside the hospital (family)
That night we had an AWESOME NICU nurse AMY. I told her what I did the night before and she said no,no,no. All I needed to do was feed him. She would change the diaper and do the temp, cause I would get to do that plenty at home. I was SO Grateful! I had a MUCH better nights sleep!
THANK YOU AMY!!!
Max's medical team today was,
Nurses: Jenifer, Mandi, and Amy. (Mandi and I were actually in Nursing school together. She was in her first semester when I was in my last).
Doctor: Crayton.
My lactation nurses while I was there was Joan and Sheryl! Loved them! Joan even brought me a more portable pump to the NICU so I didn't have to go back to my room each time I needed to pump! SO grateful!!!
Luckily they were able to find me a room. It was a NICU room with 2 twin cots in it and a sink. I was so grateful just to be closer to Max. They apologized that I didn't get a room with a shower but they hoped to get me one with one with in the next few days.
Later in the Day as I packed up my stuff up from the Mom/Baby unit and made sure all my paper work was complete. It was Dean's first day back at work and it got kind of hard for me. I broke down and cried, (I think it had something to do with the fact that I had only slept 8 hours in the last 96 or so). Dean was going to go home for the night to get some good sleep but after me breaking down I asked if he would stay and of course he said yes. I also got a blessing from him to help calm me down. I didn't want to be there ANYMORE!!! After the blessing and Dean saying that he would stay and the support of my mom and loving family. I gathered myself up again and regained my composure.
While Dean was as work that day I had a lactation consult, and I had various nurses and case workers come and talk to me about the situation I was in and that the NICU is not an easy place to be. It felt good to know I really had a great support team, one at the hospital and one outside the hospital (family)
That night we had an AWESOME NICU nurse AMY. I told her what I did the night before and she said no,no,no. All I needed to do was feed him. She would change the diaper and do the temp, cause I would get to do that plenty at home. I was SO Grateful! I had a MUCH better nights sleep!
THANK YOU AMY!!!
Max's medical team today was,
Nurses: Jenifer, Mandi, and Amy. (Mandi and I were actually in Nursing school together. She was in her first semester when I was in my last).
Doctor: Crayton.
My lactation nurses while I was there was Joan and Sheryl! Loved them! Joan even brought me a more portable pump to the NICU so I didn't have to go back to my room each time I needed to pump! SO grateful!!!


















Cynth, He is soooo cute. I can't wait to meet him:) Love,Nichole
ReplyDelete