Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day 2 In the NICU with Max. 9/5/12

(Disclaimer: I am writing things as I remember them and some of the days mush together so I will sort them to the best of my ability)
Today was a pretty good day. As soon as I woke up I wanted to go see Max! I told my nurse and she said that my Doctor would probably like to see me on his rounds before I go down! OH let me tell you he couldn't get there fast enough!!! Before we left the NICU the Night before our nurse said she would call us if there was a problem and she never called us so everything must have gone okay. 

However I called down to the NICU to make sure. The nurse said everything went well he is just very hungry and will be ready to eat as soon as the doctors give him the go ahead. OH I couldn't wait I could hear him cry so I asked Dean to go be with him until I was seen by the doctor!

So down the the NICU Dean went while I stayed in the room and ordered breakfast to try and keep my mind off of not being with Max! The doctor must have been delivery someone else cause it took him awhile to do rounds that morning. Eventually he came and talked to me, he was sad to hear about Max and was supportive. 

As soon as I was done with the doctor I headed down to the NICU to make sure everything was going good.

Our sweet Baby Max 1 Day old! When I got there I saw that they had taken him off of the O2 :-) I was happy one less cord!













After I saw that everything was okay, and the NICU Doctors had done their rounds. I headed back to my room to shower so I could spend the rest of the Day in the NICU. 

While I was in the room Dean sent me this picture in a text that said "hi mom"


After I showered I headed back to the NICU cause the doctors said I could feed him! I was one happy momma. 

Can't tell I was a little tired...



Look at the FACE!




Dean is the BEST DAD!!! Love him and all of his support through this!


He was quite tired too!





Today was a better and happier day then the one before. I think this was the day that we were told we may not need to stay the full 7 days. They came back later though and said they decided we should stay for the full 7 day antibiotic dosage because there was still junk in his lungs on the chest x-ray. I was okay with doing what we needed to to make him healthy!

Today my Nurse on Mom/Baby was Nichole and she did great! I also had a lactation appointment which I highly recommend. I ended up having 2 while I was there and they helped me SO much.

Today Max's Nurses where Emily and Joyce and his doctors were Doc Van Loy and Doc. Larisa. Everyone was SO kind and helpful!

I was very happy and impressed by the staff for our whole stay!
(I will write in the staff I can remember but there were days I didn't get everyone written down)

No comments:

Post a Comment