Well I didn't quite make it to my doctors appointment on Monday morning. About 2:45 ish in the morning I woke up to Dean asking me if I was okay. I must have been making noises in my sleep cause I woke up in a lot of pain. I laid awake trying to determine if I was having a contraction or if I was just sore. I finally feel asleep again, I think it was 4 something. Then about 5:45 I woke up in pain. So I went to the bathroom and called Labor and Delivery and they suggested I come in cause they thought I was in fact having contractions. So I went back to my room to wake up Dean and as I was getting dressing the pain started to come and go so then I was also pretty sure I was in fact having contractions.
I got to the hospital and got all hooked up to monitors and yes I was having contractions and I thought they were about 10-15 minuets apart oh no more like 2 minuets apart. So they gave me a shot of Turp and it worked for about 30 minutes and then the contractions came back. So they gave me another shot and the same thing happened.Then they gave me a pill (Nifedapine) because it is longer acting. Some where in all of this I also had a fibernectin enzyme test done. It test for a specific enzyme in the Cervical area, if it is negative (which mine was) it means I most likely wont have the baby in the next 2 weeks, if it was positive then it is unsure and I can have him anytime. Thank goodness it was NEGATIVE! They watched and monitored me for awhile after that.
Mean while Dean was awesome and thought of an idea to play words on our phones so that it would take our minds off of things. It really did work great and made the time go by fast. After the contractions were slowed to about 15 mins apart they felt like the medication was working and that I would be able to go home on STRICT bed rest. (I can only get up to pee) and meet with my Doctor the next day. Unless I had 6 or more contractions in an hour then I had to come back in. So before I left the hospital I set up an appointment to see doctor and do a cervical lengthening ultrasound.
Mean while Dean was awesome and thought of an idea to play words on our phones so that it would take our minds off of things. It really did work great and made the time go by fast. After the contractions were slowed to about 15 mins apart they felt like the medication was working and that I would be able to go home on STRICT bed rest. (I can only get up to pee) and meet with my Doctor the next day. Unless I had 6 or more contractions in an hour then I had to come back in. So before I left the hospital I set up an appointment to see doctor and do a cervical lengthening ultrasound.
Well that appointment was today and it was mostly good news. My cervix is still very long and doing well. I will stay on the medicine that stops my contractions for the next 7 or so weeks hoping our baby doesn't try to make his appearance before that. They want me to try and make it to 35.5 weeks and then I can get off the meds. The baby is breach which is Very common with my condition so I will most likely have a C-section, This is because there is not very much room left for him to turn head down in my uterus. Doctor confirmed that today. In fact I posted a picture below, you will see how his foot is by his forehead, and his hand in his face because he is so squished. I feel bad for the little guy. I still have to take it very easy I have to be sitting or laying down. Unless I have to pee or do very light house work like fold laundry. To put it like the doctor said it. I have to be a bum. I can't lift more then a gallon of milk and I will go see him again in a week. The thing I was most bummed about was Dean and I were suppose to be going to Sun Valley this weekend for a work retreat, and I am no longer able to travel (I can't even go to my mom's 45 mins away). Don't get me wrong I would much rather the baby stay in and be safe, I was just looking forward to one more trip with Dean before the baby came. Sorry I don't mean to complain because I am so grateful I am pregnant and I am sure I will get to go on many more vacations with my sweetheart.
So my job now is to stay put and keep this baby cooking!
Baby boy all squished!
So my job now is to stay put and keep this baby cooking!
Baby boy all squished!





No comments:
Post a Comment