Saturday, June 25, 2011

A weekend with Friends

This last weekend (Fathers Day) Dean and I went on a get away with some friends. It was such a nice relaxing weekend with lots of fun things to do. As always trips are not fun without little surprises, like being out of power for 12 hours. I had to joke that our trip to the cabin became a real roughing it camping trip. At least our friends were prepared with flashlights and water because we didn't bring either. The story is a little fun so let me explain. Well it was about nine o-clock at night and the kids were in bed and us adults were playing the farming game when the lights flickered and the power went out. There is no phone service at the cabin so we couldn't call and tell the power company the power was out unless we drove 20 miles. So we decided to wait a few hours to see if it would come back on well about midnight when our farming game was done it still wasn't on. SO Shanna and Tyrel (our friends) headed out to town to tell the power company we had no power while Dean and I stayed behind with the sleeping children and to keep the fire going. It was really cold up at the cabin. Shanna and Ty got back about 1:30 to tell us the power company knew but they had no Idea why it was out. So we all went to bed and hoped it would be on in the morning. Well it wasn't so we ate breakfast luckily we ate the warm breakfast the morning before. At breakfast Dean said the prayer on the food and prayed the power would come back on and within the next few min.. Guess what... it came on! I told Dean he was living right! We were totally fine without power but it was so much more luxurious with it :). Below are pictures of things we did at the cabin.

We smiled, laughed, and spent time together!




We road and drove four wheelers! We loved this!


Dean, Tyrel, and baby lilly. Dean and Tyrel went to High school together, and have been great friends since!
The cabin we stayed in

We shot the 22. We also loved this!

Me posing.

Still shooting, but we also LOVED the mountains in the back ground they are gorgeous!



Dean shooting! He is a MUCH better aim then I am. I did get 3 out of 10 though. (I know nothing to brag about, but hey at least I hit it right?)

It was really cold and windy outside so we roasted marshmallows and hot dogs in the fireplace.

Teegan (our friends son) eating his roasted marshmallow.



Dean's microwaved marshmallow. We thought it looked cool!

We put together a puzzle

We watched the children so Shanna and Tyrel could go on a four wheeler ride and Teegan played angry birds.

Dean joined in and played angry birds with Teegan. (Pretty cute huh?)

The puzzle all finished!

Teegan and Tyrel "racing" (as Teegan would say)

Me and my honey!

Shanna and Teegan

The trip was a lot of fun! I love the outdoors! Thanks Shanna and Tyrel for letting us join you at the cabin!



No comments:

Post a Comment