Well the adventures have started and I wanted to blog about them as they happen or I will have a lot to catch up on. First off Conference weekend we decided to go to Oregon and visit my family. Well currently everything there is flooding. It has been raining like crazy. Some of you may think well Duh! You are from Oregon, but I am from Eastern Oregon and it doesn't rain that much, it is like Boise Weather. So on Saturday we decided to take a drive up the the dam and see it flow over the Glory Hole (it doesn't do that very often just when the dam in full and they need to get water out of it so it doesn't flood)
This is a picture of Dean and I by the dam. bottom right you can see the jets.
This is a picture of Dean and I by the dam. bottom right you can see the jets.
This is a picture of the Owyhee Dam
This is the wall of the Dam Pretty full! The other side of this wall is in the picture above some three hundred feet tall.
Looking down the Glory hole!
Again (Scary)
WELL... It is official Dean has Graduated! YAY!!! It is amazing to come home and just hangout and not have to hear Dean say sorry I can't I have homework!
Enjoy the pictures below.
We were so grateful for the family members that were able to come and support and spend time with us! To the left is Dean's Aunt Olivia and Uncle Dean. They are the ones we will be staying with this summer. We really appreciate them!
Dean was making a sad face because they don't give them their diplomas in case someone doesn't pass. So he will get it in the mail in about two months.
Graduation was Friday and Saturday April 8th and 9th. The 11th of April is our anniversary and so this fell on Monday! I don't work Mondays so Dean took the day off and we hung out. We went to Red Lobster and the movies! We weren't going to get each other anything because our trip to California was our present. However we were originally going to go to Cali this weekend but then my Brother got his mission call and if we went now we would have missed his farewell and we didn't want to do that so we moved the trip to May. So since money is low we still weren't going to give each other presents we were just going to go to Red Lobster (it is a tradition) and the movies, but I guess Dean and I have the same mind because we both felt bad about not giving each other ANYTHING because Anniversaries are a BIG deal. So I went to the bank on Monday and came home to the flowers below. One of the reasons I went to the bank was to deposit something but the main reason was so I could pick some cash to give to Dean as a present. I think we were both happily surprised at least I know I was.



No comments:
Post a Comment