Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Our Big TriP! May 6th -16th 2011

Warning! This is a Very long post! :) OK here it goes. First I really should be packing to move but if I don't do this now I may not do it for awhile. So let the adventure begin! Dean and I have been planning this trip and saving for a year now. The trip started as soon as I got off work May 5th Dean and I drove to Kanab Utah and got there about 10pm and went to bed because we had to get on the road again at 5am. On our way to Arizona the Second day of the trip we saw... (the pictures below about 6am).

This little camp was right off the side of the road so we decided to stop and take a few pictures they are the ones below.


The picture below reminded me of something out of a movie it is BEAUTIFUL!


Through out this blog bare with me because on this trip there were a lot of "first times" for me so I get a little excited!



More cool pics!

Inside the little camp we found.

Outside the little camp we found.


SO I had never seen a real big cactus before and it was pretty cool. I told Dean they are like humans they come in all shapes and sizes.

The reason we went to Arizona was to find an apartment for Dean's training program in tempe and we did! We are moving in AUGUST! We will be living in Chandler at Chandler Meadows Apartments. We love them and the people. I also had never seen palm trees before so I took a picture.

A really CRAZY cactus!

After spending the weekend finding an apartment and spending time with our friends the Childs. (Thanks Amy and Chase for letting us stay with you) We headed to California for a week of fun! We started off in San Diego! All I can say is HUGE!

Dean and I on Coronado Island. Beautiful. But cold!

I LOVE THE BEACH!

My love message to DEAN!

I ABSOLUTELY love this picture of Dean! He is SO good looking! and NO it is not photoshopped!



Coronado Island was beautiful and lots of pretty homes! I do have to say though my favorite part was the sand between my toes. I could spend a whole vacation on the Beach!

The Second day in San diego we went to the zoo! It was fun and lots of cool Animals! This elephant was at the entrance!

These were in the park ;)




Can't see them but we were in a big bird cage and birds were flying above us!








The Gorillas were my favorite! There is a REALLY funny story behind them if you want to know just ask but it is too long to type.

The Third day in San diego we went to SEA WORLD. (this was my personal favorite)

First we started by watching the Sea Lions and they were my favorite because they are so interactive and they do AWESOME tricks like diving off the top of a building into a smaller pool of water!


Second we went to the Dolphin show and they were my second favorite. They do some pretty awesome things as well. I decided next time we go I am going to go swimming with them!

My favorite was when the trainer would ride on the dolphin!



They have other exhibits at Sea World and the sharks were one of them!



Last we saw the Killer whale show. Hence the Ice Cream.

All the shows were amazing I really enjoyed the day!







I am still amazed at what these animals can learn to do!
Below is a Beluga whale. I am sure I spelled that wrong.



Yes I was that close to the polar bear!

And so was Dean


On a ride at Sea World that helped us over look the city!

I did get to touch a Dolphin and I LOVED it! They feel rubbery and soft!
Before we left San diego Dean and I went to the temple. It was beautiful inside and since we accidentally got there an hour early (the internet had the wrong times) we got to explore the temple a little it was really neat!







Dean was conveniently wearing this shirt and this in Huntington Beach haha! Dean on the pier!

Dean and I at Huntington Beach. This was my favorite beach! It might have been because it was warmer. But I just loved all the little shops along the way!


Reliving my lifeguard days!

My handsome man!


Restaurant at the end of the pier!


We wanted to get a little wet and we did! Also it was pretty sweet to see the surfers here I have also never seen that!



LA and the Angles Stadium!

Yep that is the Mexican Boarder! On our way to the outlet mail we saw an exit that said last exit in AMERICA! well gratefully we got off that exit so all was good. That was until we went to the hotel! and then Dean started to head toward the boarder. We quickly realized what we did and I told Dean we couldn't go this was I didn't have our passports. He knew that so he turned around and then we were in a VERY shady part of town. I gently locked the car door and Dean agreed that was a good idea! We made it back to the hotel safe and sound!

Dean took me to in-n-out for my first time! YUM!

Then Day 4 we headed to Anaheim and this was outside of our hotel!

We went to DISNEYLAND!
First ride (it's a small world)


My favorite (Minnie)

View from the hotel!



Day 5 was California Adventures








This is at Universal Studios day 6


All the sets were awesome. I do have to say it has changed how I view movies now that I know how they are made! Pretty much everything is fake! :)


Jurassic park scene



Back to the Future!

Fast and the Furious




Jaws

Desperate House wife's

Grinch who stole Christmas

War of Worlds



The Great out Doors


Day 7 More Disneyland! We went back again the day after Universal Studios cause our pass allowed us to spend a few days here.

I got to see my princesses!





On our way home we were able to spend sometime with some friends from Dean's mission! The Matapula's

They are Samoa so they are very giving they gave us leis and a bowl dish. Dean and most of the Matapul's. When we left they sang us a sweet song :). Dean was also able to meet up with an old mission companion. Elder Hickman.
On the drive home we stay a night in Vegas and we went to M&M World! Also we saw our friends the Elkins


The trip was so fun and relaxing! Next time I wouldn't have it so packed full of activities though. Dean says his favorite part was watching me and my reactions to seeing everything for the first time! Also he liked Vegas. My favorite part was spending 10 days with Dean strait. We had a ton of fun doing the activities and we tried SO many resturants!

This last weekend we went to Oregon to visit family and us girls decided to pamper ourselves. We got pedicures we haven't done that before it was WAY fun. We joked Michelle, now she will be beautiful when she goes into labor. (she is due anytime)



My nephew Payton learned to ride his bike last week! So proud of him!

Katie's kids playing outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment